Monday, April 11, 2011

SHOTGUN ON THE KARMA BUS

Once, not long ago I was in Mexico with my family.

We were in a quaint little hut right on the edge of the ocean and near the hammock was a very large seashell just resting on the porch.


I kind of wanted it and was willing to leave my beach towel in trade.

My soon to be almost daughter in law who is now my ex almost daughter in law said something very profound...

"You can't take that...it might give you bad Karma."

So I did it anyway.

I must admit...I have done things in my life both bad and good.  I hope the good outweighs the bad. 

You know what?  I'm certain that it has.

But reasoning on this level can be very tricky...we always want others to get what they deserve and don't often take into consideration what we deserve. 

Thank goodness I have been spared what I really deserve and thank goodness that in my own mind a beach towel at a hut on the edge of the ocean is much more valuable than some old seashell that washes up with the waves.

No comments: