Monday, June 4, 2012

RUN STEVE RUN

I am sitting on my stool
painting Jena Lee, minding my own business 
when I hear a loud shout
"QUICK GET THE CAMERA"
I'm thinking
cardinal at the feeder

no
He was not quick enough to snap a shot of these two young crusaders
capturing neighbor Tim on his porch
(I would love to have been a fly on that post...it's the weekend)

after a few nice exchanges on the porch (I'm sure)
Hubs continues with the camera through our windows

and then steps out on to OUR porch to snap these photos of the young crusaders at 
STEVE'S house

C'mon Steve...answer the door
we know you're home

hmm hmm hmmm da de da
it's kind of hot out here

thinking thinking thinking

waiting waiting waiting

I'm like B...get in the house...that's enough!
I only really knew how many photos he took when I downloaded them
wonder if they're texting?
or...filing a report
maybe all they want is to paint the driveway numbers

Now...I just cannot convey to you strongly enough that 
I do appreciate the fortitude and commitment of anyone 
who would go door to door and talk about their faith.  
In fact, when I was 14, I spent a good part of that summer at the mall 
where smooching couples parked...
no, I was not on a date, 
I was knocking on windows and asking
Do you know the Lord as your personal Savior?

So I can relate, really I can
the funny part of this Pura Vida moment does not focus on the situation
but rather
Hubs and his camera
and the fervor with which he was pursuing that moment
btw
the photo of them on the moon is from
google
not hubs

and for the record...a cardinal at the feeder has solicited exactly this kind of reaction
he really is a very funny man to live with



12 comments:

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

My husband is the same.....he's always saying "where's your camera?" "You need to take a picture of this" "Why don't you have your camera all set up with the telephoto lens on the tripod, just in case something comes by".
Men.....

And on another note - I used to be a district manager for Avon and would knock on doors hoping to find someone who wanted to sell Avon in their neighbourhood. Learned the true meaning of rejection.

The Magical Christmas Wreath Company said...

When you say cardinal at the feeder you do mean a bird don't you?!.... You're not running some kind of drive through soup kitchen for retired members of the Vatican who are down on their luck?!?

OK. Just checkin'....

Cheryl said...

Hubby just hollered at me from outside to Come Quick! He was being attacked by bluebirds. That would have been a great photo op but I just wasn't quick enough.
Thanks for visiting my little spot in Colorado, by the way.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

That's pretty funny. I can tell he must see the humor in every situation. I was trying to shoo away some "do gooders" at my door one day, only to realize they were from my own church. They were coming to see if we were okay since we had missed a few weeks of church. I wondered why they didn't just call. I could have told them we had just been out of town.

laurie said...

I would say that man of yours is a keeper, ha ha,

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

That is too funny! They must have been standing there for a lonnnnng time! We are just anti-social.... put a gate up and a sign: no solicitation!
Grumpy us!
Loi

Annmarie Pipa said...

I admire persistence...from those young men and your husband!!!

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

I had to LOL. Funny story!

LKB said...

I refuse to tell you that I used to hide in the closet from door to door religion witnesses. I further refuse to tell you that my daughter came running in from the yard one day and said "hide...the_____________are coming."

Zuzu said...

:) Fun post!

Boho Farm and Home said...

Too funny...wish my husband would take pictures of the missionaries instead of having long drawn out talks with them while I am inside waiting for him so we can eat lunch. :)
xoxo
Caroline

beckybeedy said...

Dang it! Wish I had my camera handy! Earlier this evening, our doorbell rang. Hubby Scott answered. Lordy be, guess who was there? A politician and a local banker whom I'll not name. Oh, BTW, are you married to a banker?!?! Wished I had my camera! Loved it! ;)