Friday, June 24, 2011

MY NEW FAVORITE COLOR

I remember my Indian mother wearing the color orange often.  What I remember the most is an orange shawl she got in Mexico and her orange lipstick. 

Orange is a power color and is known to be one of the healing colors. It is a good color for kitchens because it said to increase the appetite. It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality with endurance. People who like orange are usually thoughtful and sincere.

I have read that if a change of any kind is needed in life, just burn an orange candle for 7 nights. I happen to have found an orange candle among things left behind at 822.  Mikey loved orange too.

Orange Energy
While red is associated with fiery heat, orange is associated with the benign warmth of the sun. A dynamic color to be sure, orange offers a more thoughtful control than explosive red. Curiosity is a driving characteristic of orange, and with it comes exploration of new things.

Put some orange in your life when you want:

to spice things up when you feel time is dragging
to become more involved in something
to increase creativity
relief from things becoming too serious

We bought these at an auction nearly 5 years ago...I'm sure with the intent of selling them on eBay.  Glad I didn't.

Pottery Barn knows orange is hot!

These came from a winery in Grapevine Texas.  She is an awesome stainglass artist!

#1 Peep bought me this book about the Vaasti Art concept

I found these chairs online after our trip to Sante Fe.  Orange was THE color there!  But these were much more affordable online.  They are so cool!  Tufted, leather...and ORANGE!

I love to mix colors...orange and red are next to each other on the color wheel.  This wall has just a hint of pink and I would describe it more rasberry than red.

These old pots are auction finds.  I have some high hope for their value...at least I do for the one on the left.  It really doesn't matter...I just like how they all look together.

It's just too darn bad that the 45 year old orange carpet looks like it's 45 years old...otherwise...I would keep it.  You know what they say...history repeats itself and now...orange is back!

No comments: