Tuesday, May 10, 2016

KEEPER OF THE BEES

When Mr. PV goes to his PRPC meetings, the office is on 8th Street which is near 6th Street and a long line of quaint antique shops that I love to visit.

Last time I came upon a new one and made a new friend
her name is
Kim Beauchamp of

her quirky personality made me instantly like her
I came across the most wonderful old book

The Keeper of the Bees
1925 by Gene Stratton-Porter


even in its delicate condition I promised myself to read it


the first of two art plates....I have looked at this many many times
it is so pretty



and not long into the old wonderful smelling pages, I read these words--

....and dimly he was beginning to formulate in his own mind the feeling the world was made up of good people and bad people, of selfish people and thoughtful people, of cruel people and kind people, and it was merely a case of luck as to which kind you met when you went on a great adventure.....



in my brand new age old bee world

I have found those words to be so true
I am lucky to find so many good, thoughtful, and kind

~PURA VIDA~











5 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Oh, I just loved this Gina!
What a great quote and isn't it so true?
Hurray for a good new friend.
X, Tina

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh,, we have that book, it was on the shelves in my family home,, its an old one isn't it!!
a very interesting new pal you found,

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A quote to live by!!!

Artsy VaVa said...

I hope you continue to find good people! Have a beautiful day.