Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A FORTUNATE KOOKIE


I got a fortune in my cookie that says, “You will become an accomplished writer”…cool…because since I’m the editor of online newspapers and since I have absolutely no formal training other than Mr. Mitchell’s English IV class…I might need that piece of good fortune to come my way.

I am an entrepreneur and I have done a lot of things. I have raised ostrich, I have sold exotic animals via worldwide satellite, I have owned and operated a bed and breakfast, I have owned an art gallery and offered the fine world of art to my tiny town, and several other entrepreneurial things…but you know? This is the best!

I love to write and while I do possess fundamental skills on how a person should write and talk, the best thing I have going for me is my imagination.

I want what is written in my HPOs to do some good in the world of the people who read it. Plant the right kind of tree for our zone, catch a criminal, get a stray dog adopted into a loving home, give some folks a laugh….you know…be accomplished.

I have that fortune taped to my monitor and I read it every day. I’m glad that my kookiness has paid off and that I can consider myself “accomplished” simply because I have a fortune that tells me so…every day.

And just so you’ll know…when the flowers bloom there will be great joy in my life. Oh good.

No comments: