Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ADIOS CRANKY PRINCESS


"What a difference a year will make," my in the know friends tried to tell me while consoling me last year as my last one flew the coop.Empty Nesterville? Empty Nesterville, I like you. I can’t believe it, but my friends were oh so right. This house got crowded….one too many cranky princesses and I might not mean me.The good thing that I know is what lies ahead. Two are not only gone but their plates are completely broken…they have their own houses and their own plates and they are F.U.N. We visit each other, eat out from time to time, spend the night at each other’s houses, make travel plans, talk on the phone, email, and rarely do we argue about whether a headboard is a queen or full. And they hardly ever gripe me out.Miss C.P., I will miss you, don’t get me wrong. I love you and I will miss you but I don’t have room anymore for your luggage in the doorway of my new dressing room aka your old bedroom.Update August 18, 2009:Uh oh....melancholy is back...just got back from the longest trip with the longest truck with the longest wait in line Houston traffic back to Empty Nesterville.That bright blue suitcase that I brought home to refill is sitting in my new dressing room without all the mess and chaos and it kind of gave me a lump in my throat when I passed by the hallway and saw it sitting there. Empty Nesterville is kind of empty today.

No comments: