Tuesday, August 19, 2014

MORE CLOSET PROJECTS

Another project that is nearly accomplished in the closet during
FANTASY FOOTBALL TRIP

example via google

This first and only time I have seen this application was at a
truck stop (a very nice one)
when you turn off the interstate at Springer and drive the road to Taos/Santa Fe
a row of tvs in a row of one way mirrors!

we wanted to do this fun thing in our closet/master bath
so here will be the television...inside the closet behind the one way mirror

this is what the mirror looks like from the bathroom side
but when the tv is on...you see the tv...when it's off only the mirror
like in an interrogation room 
which in my case feels pretty much the same as looking in that big mirror

in order to cover up the tv, cords and cable box, you need doors
these doors will only open when and if you need to service/change the television
they cause the space to be dark so the tv can show on the other side

one of my tricks is that I select fabrics that can be used in any part of my home and use those fabrics all over here and there to bring it all together...this fabric is on a chair recover, the back side of a throw 
and a pillow or two
and of course the doors

the other side of the doors will be the leftover of the turquoise velvet
 used to line the drawers in the last project
I purchased the velvet tiger due to reading about a tiger couch on
a recent Cote de Texas blog
I have no idea what I will do with this yard of tiger velvet

I put some batting under the fabric because I wanted a very slight tufting
the door knobs were a long ago purchase from Hobby Lobby that I had completely forgotten about

a tiny nail into the mdf door and hot glue on a diamond button for a little glamour

The carved angel was a whimsy purchase from Madrid, New Mexico
the candelabra was from Tex Kopke's Flea Market for $5 that features 12 crystals 
(that has to be worth that buy!)
Baskets for texture and a gold leaf tray of seashells.  The picture was a vintage purchase from eBay and I just framed it in a nice frame 1/2 price from Hobby Lobby
I love Hobby Lobby!

I love this crazy angel and I've been saving a seat for her right here for a very long time!

there is definitely a mixture in this area...wood, silk, glamour and masculinity 
all mixed together

a favorite photo of my mother
and a little angel that Baby Bo Peep drew when she was 5
(I love angels)

my dad's hat is covering exposed wires that will someday be a vintage sconce if I ever find one

vintage perfume bottles on a silver tray

Mr. PV isn't too keen on this picture of
"The Director"
but I love it
 and I slipped it in on him while he was drafting his team
when the cat's away
some of his ties

my wedding dress

well...hello jewelry section of master closet!

now then.....where am I going to use that tiger fabric???






14 comments:

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Gina your closet is exquisite ... Wonderful accessories and art. The covered cabinet doors turned out lovely. My friend has a TV built Into the mirror in her bathroom. Now that's living!
XO,
Vera

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you Gina for taking the time to visit me, I always adore your comments you leave.
Now s for your closet what can I say? Your closet and art is well placed and love what you did with the doors. The ceiling is divine, and that chandelier amazes the room.

See you soon.

Xox

Dore

Stacy CUrran said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the tiger fabric! Everything here loos terrific!
stacy

Rustic Vintage Country said...

You've done good there my girl! ;)x

Marissa said...

Wow,wow,and wow!
Your style is so inspiring. I love everything you touch!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Everything looks so amazing and so ornate. I wouldn't know what to do around all that stuff. I'd be afraid I'd break something LOL

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh I love what you did with the doors. Oh my goodness, those glass knobs make my heart sing and you did a great job with the covering. I like your display of perfume bottles. So romantic. Your dad's hat makes me wish I had my daddy's. Such a nice post!

Brandi said...

You have such beautiful taste. I love what you did with the TV, so clever and to think you were inspired by something you saw at a truck stop. Proof that inspiration is everywhere!!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Gina, what a neat wedding dress! Love your style and all you've shown us in your home.

Mr Paul said...

Hey gurl, you need to fix me up with one of those TVs. Then I can watch Truck stop TV in my bathtub. I know those truckers love the Housewives of Orange County. If its good enough for them ;)

miss b said...

A great idea for the TV. The door handles are so pretty and you have some attractive accessories. Hobby Lobby sounds like a very useful place.

Haute Indoor Couture said...

That is such a great idea for hiding the TV! Does the one way mirror effect the image on the TV? Would you do this in a living room, or a room where it is the primary TV in a home? I am fascinated!

designchic said...

You are amazing and certainly on a roll - loving what you did with the tv!! Happy weekend ~

Anonymous said...

This is an outstanding blog, thanks a lot for sharing.