I have searched and searched to find if the
One Room Challenge
is sanctioned, juried or a professional organization
to make sure I'm not infringing on
what I'm about to do over the next few months.
Please let me know if you know this challenge is meant for anything other than
This is the first week in many many many
that I find I'm kind of out of stuff to do
and it just so happens that we are about to celebrate
October 19, 2014
the day we purchased 822 in 2010
which is also Mr. P.V.'s birthday...
I always tease him by telling him I bought him this house for his birthday that year!
Here's the challenge (to myself)
- Post one room at a time, including outside rooms
- Before photo
- After photo of as nearly the same view as possible
- A list of supplies/colors/ideas/inspiration
- Naming my favorite thing or worst struggle about it and trying to keep that simple
Let's begin shall we?
This is what 822 looked like
October 19, 2010 the day we purchased it
Here it is today
The biggest challenge was to be able to see the house and keep as many trees as possible while maintaining the integrity and charm of this 1921 Luder stone home.
It has been such a labor of love and the hardest thing I have ever done
but I would not trade one single splinter
- Cut back trees
- Relocated front door and sidewalk to center the house
- Connected the old garage apartment to the house
- Planted trees to replace the dead ones (we lost several due to drought)
- Put in sod, roses, marigolds and spring bulbs
the house itself
I used to ride by this old house on my bicycle when I was 8 and wish I could live here
proof that because your dream doesn't come true right when you wish it
doesn't mean it won't!