Sunday, February 3, 2013

SMOOCHY SMOOCHY


17 points for the kitchen window! (and me!)

because ya'll, it's 
half past kissin' time and time to kiss again!

which means that
the arrow is near

and the hearts are too!

looks like these got a little smashed in all the eagerness!

that's ok...we'll just bake some real sugar cookies
maybe during the super bowl commercials!

at the baking station that nobody bakes at

and maybe enjoy those with a cup of tea and the pink plates
that silver pitcher sure makes me wish I'd bought those sweet roses yesterday

I'm so ready for spring...are you?
last summer's basil seems to be hanging in there
and this pretty little hyacinth is bursting forth

I got this heart shaped ivy at last year's chamber banquet in February
it loves the morning sunshine

this week I'll be moving around all the pretty blue and the fading paper whites
to make room for the spring mantel

love is in our air...I hope it's in your air too!


























10 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Gina:
The weather has turned decidedly chilly here so Spring seems to be a little way off yet. But, with thoughts of Valentine's Day in the air and as days lengthen, one's spirits inevitably rise!

Your Hyacinth as it bursts into new life brings such joy!

Woodside Park said...

Looks like your home is all ready for Valentine's Day ;) Happy Sunday. Enjoy the game. We're rooting for the Ravens!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just lovin' your lovely photos,

Ivy and Elephants said...

Such a clever post. I love the scrabble pieces, so cool. Have a fabulous week!
Hugs,
Patti

momto8 said...

yes..love is in the air..and it's wonderful! love your photos and commentary!

momto8 said...

yes..love is in the air..and it's wonderful! love your photos and commentary!

Marissa said...

Love is in the air over at your home!! How sweet that is.. I love the heart Ivy looks so healthy!! and the paper whites are gorgeous. They look Springy to me...

Maureen Wyatt said...

Spring is nowhere in sight but I do have some hyacinth bulbs to plant tomorrow. Save a couple of those hugs and kisses for me! (And maybe a cookie or two)

Marina in Blue said...

Beautiful, Gina!! I love all those datails.

Marina

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Don't you just love the first peeks of spring?
I'll take a pink plate of cookies and a cup of tea. Fun post.