Monday, October 14, 2013

MERRY COLUMBUS DAY



We like to do a little off the wall celebrating at 822
and seeing that Columbus Day is a bank holiday and this year a school holiday

we made some big plans!

It all began when we discovered a wee little cottontail in the backyard

so today a hutch building was in order

lots of wood left over from Bella's Fence Project

lots of help...wish Perrilyn was here too!
she might be a little busy at her house

patience is a virtue Daddy PV

glad you have on your Christopher Columbus Pants for this occasion

That didn't take long at all!

the back flower bed might be missing a lot of things today

but a rabbit hutch is not one of them!

find the little rabbit's hole!

open the gate!

and welcome the little rabbit!

after a bike ride


and a visit to the park



what else?
but....
COOKIES!





14 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Awwwww how awesome of you all to build a home for the little cottontail :)

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful pictures. Happy Columbus day to you! xo Diana

Unknown said...

So cute!! And love Mr.'s building wear!

HolleyGarden said...

She will remember that forever. And I hope the bunny loves the hutch! I wouldn't have noticed Mr. PV's pants without you pointing them out - but I laughed out loud when I finally did look at them! :)

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

So cute!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH GINA! I have to show my husband this clever project because we have SO MANY wild rabbits in our yard....we both adore the critters and many times my husband has wanted to build a little shelter for them to help them stay safe from hawks...this is PERFECT especially with the little doors!

Many hugs and thanks for your kind comment at my blog; you are wonderful. Happy rabbit watching!!!! Anita

Geneva said...

Sweet! Sweet! sweet! All of it!

carolyn bradford said...

My sweet Layton would be all over this! I loved this post! Love the bunny…love the adventure for your little one…LOVE the Columbus day pants! Always look forward to your posts~

designchic said...

Making memories here for sure and love the house!! Happy day ~

chateau chic said...

Fun times!!
Mary Alice

Leslie said...

Darling Gina:) and what a lucky girl to have such wonderful extended family. The bunny house is perfect;) and boy could we use that here! We've got so many bunnies and my springers chase them! xxleslie

Lo veo y me gusta said...

Que día tan completo!!!
Bss

Laura said...

You are 'building' wonderful memories- which is my all-time favorite thing.
Your comment on my blog was amazing and sums up how I feel about changing attitudes.
Don't be surprised if you are quoted!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Mr Paul said...

How beautiful Gina, I want a wabbit and a wabbit house and those snazzy pants and then some cookies too! Mr PV is such a dab hand with the power tools isn't he!
Your garden is looking super dooper, lots of lovely shapes lines and textures and I cant wait to see what you have planned for the flower bed, lots of perfume I hope.
x