Sunday, February 8, 2015

WORDS OF LOVE

I told a friend of mine recently that I do believe
February
is my favorite winter month

While I don't exactly agree with all the commercial aspect of Valentine's Day
you can always leave that part out of it 
and depend upon 
your very own romantic and creative self

Here's what's going down at our house!

it's half past kissing time and time to kiss again!

for this, I highly recommend, 

a St. Germain and Champagne cocktail?

take a moment to sit down and read
outloud
words of love
spoken out loud,
words of love can move mountains
Keep your arrow pointed true

make love your greatest aim

live it with all the things in your possession


seal it


remind yourself of it


believe in it


share it



one cold fall day we found ourselves in the 
Land of Enchantment
and as we were leaving this dreamy day
he said to me
"so....you wanna marry me, don't you"


I said yes





14 comments:

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Gina I love this post. I also love the cocktail only I add a strawberrie cored to form a heart shaped slice. I think slowing down and soaking in the real meaning of the day of celebrating love is refreshing and the true meaning of Valentine's Day.
xo,
Vera

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Very creative Valentine's Day decorating indeed!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful post and ideas!

Karena said...

Gina, this feature is so lovely, everlasting love that I can clearly see you and your husband have together!!

xoxo
Karena
Featuring The HighBoy

Marissa said...

Awe, this was such a sweet post! You look amazing in the pictures...
Happy V day....
May it be romantic as when he proposed...

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I can tell you still adore each other. We were married on Valentine's Day and he brings me hearts all year when he finds them. a St. Germain and Champagne cocktail Is a fav of ours.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

You two are the cutest, Gina.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Valentines is in the soul, not in the cashbox. I wish it wasn't so commercialized - but then again what isn't they days?

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

What a SWEET post! LOVe seeing the photos of you two sweethearts.
:)

Enjoy the day,
xoxoxox
Alison

bj said...

I've kept my arrow true and pointed straight at Mr. Sweet heart for almost 55 years.....

I'm staying with a couple of grandgirls and he called me early this morning with a "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you.." and I said ok, I love you,too and will call you in the morning on the REAL VD.....he said oops, I got confused
hahhaa....bless his olden heart..

Ann said...

Oh that is a sweet and lovely post.

Happy Valentine's!
Love, Love, Love ♥

Ann said...

Oh that is a sweet and lovely post.

Happy Valentine's!
Love, Love, Love ♥

Burlap Luxe said...

So love that arrow clever addition to your LOVE posting....
and Gina, of course you said yes!
Stay true to yourself every February and in love.

Great Beatles video.

Xoxo

Dore

Woodside Park said...

Lovely story, Gina! And look at you two - beautiful then, beautiful now. Warmly, L