Wednesday, October 18, 2017

THE UGLY BROWN BATHROOM

 When we purchased 822, the tiny bathroom in the exact center of the house was definitely on the
TO DO LIST!

I had no idea that 7 years almost exactly (October 19, 2010) would pass by before it ever made it to the top of the list.

I have been collecting photos and ideas all this time 

The bathroom was a five piece bathroom in a very small space and truthfully over the years I came to really like the cozy feel of it...but it was so dated it was coming back into style!

My plan?  Well, it's what I would call  a
religious romantic chocolate box powder room


Pink marble

Pink Venetian Plaster

lots and lots of fun vintage religious ...STUFF!

not this white but this is one of my inspirational photos...loving the brass!!  See what I mean? So old it's back in style!


Here we go...first things first...
DEMO!

so long brown tub


OUCH!


NOPE!

scary!

wish you could stay exposed brick wall...you  nearly made it but you just don't fit!


so long ceiling...hello pitch!

YES!
Beam and Chandelier...fancy!








Hoping we will done by Christmas!

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is going to be just great when all is said and done! I can't wait to see it all gussied up. Goodbye Brown--Hello Beautiful. xo Diana

Down On The Farm said...

Wow!!! That's going to look incredible!!! Love what you did raising the ceiling. That to me makes such an impact. Can't WAIT to see the finished room :)! Blessings from Missouri!