Tuesday, June 15, 2010

52 DAYS OF NICE


Happy Birthday to me! This time last year, in honor of my 52nd birthday, I made a pact with myself that I would do one nice thing every single week of the year and document it.
I have discovered two things with this little experiment.

1. I am nice
2. I was already nice

But one thing was different..it made me conscious of who I chose to be nice to. A card for no reason, a meal to a neighbor, the gift of a book, a purchase that reminded me of someone with a note to say so…and I also chose to be nice to people I love the most. Afterall..why shouldn’t we be nice to those we love the most first of all? I think they count for sure.

Now, I’m not saying I’m nice all the time…I have my moments of being really not nice…but it wasn’t a struggle to find 52 things to do and you know what? I think most people are nice…very nice.

So…in honor of my 53rd birthday, I will continue this goal and double up some week when I’m feeling extra nice.

Be nice….and pass it on!

No comments: