Monday, June 28, 2010

SO WHAT? SO PLENTY!



I love a happy ending. Happy endings are well…happy…and they make you feel that way. I have realized in my life though that there’s no such thing as a "happy ending" and thank God! Life is just full of "happy moments" and they could be endings or beginnings or even middles. Depends on which part of the movie you happen to be watching. And thank goodness it doesn’t have to be the end, so that when you come to a gruesome middle, face a high mountain that seems impossible to climb, or a low valley that blankets your soul…just around the corner…you can trust there will be a happy beginning, middle, or end…and then you begin again.
 
Paul Varjak: I love you. Holly Golightly: So what. Paul Varjak: So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me! Holly Golightly: [tearfully] No. People don't belong to people. Paul Varjak: Of course they do! Holly Golightly: I'll never let ANYBODY put me in a cage. Paul Varjak: I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!

No comments: