Friday, July 19, 2013

SPICY

With our dear loved one filming on location in Santa Fe
he's always bringing us back the most wonderful treasures~
this time from


I can't bear to put them away because they are so lovely

and fragrant

and interesting

and colorful

Hatch powder from Hatch Chiles in Hatch New Mexico
we call this 
Hatch Heroin
mixed with mayo?...you'll know why it's like heroin
I've never had heroin or know anyone who did... but I get it!

we put the crumbled pistachios as a crust on fish
add in some tarragon from the back yard?
Pistachio Heroin Heaven!

like Christopher Columbus' gold
all laid out artistically to see and smell

fresh ground anything is spectacular!

hey...how did this get in there?
local farmer's market blend

and while I do love the spices
my very favorite of all to cook with?
SALT!

Salt is born of the purest of parents
 the sun and the sea
Pythagoras

8 comments:

Woodside Park said...

Ooooh how fun! We love shopping the Asian markets and local Persian store for exotic spices. One of our favorites is za'atar. So yummy on pita bread with a drizzle of olive oil, then slightly toasted in the oven!

Unknown said...

I can just imagine the mole sauces you could make with these beauties.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, you have the mother load there! A local restaurant just announced a Hatch Chile Fest....methinks I should go! What do you use the Hatch chile heroin mayo for? Dipping, cooking....(?)

NanaDiana said...

OH- WHAT fun!!!! I love spices and can almost smell them from here. Just think- a heroin you won't get busted for using- xo Diana

Leslie said...

Wow! How fun to be given such an array of spices! Sounds like you've got some wonderful ideas to utilize them. Nothing beats freshly packaged spices from the market!

Burlap Luxe said...

Wish it were me beloved bringing home spices?
What a beautiful array of textures and colours to spice up a beautiful meal, I don't blame you about not wanting to put them up, I think I would do the same.

Thank you beauty for taking the time to visit and your words linger on my heart.

Bisous
Xx

Doré

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a fabulous stash you have! I'd want to keep it all on display, too.

Mr Paul said...

I likes it nice and I likes it spicy and I need to try some of that Hatch Mayo.