Monday, September 30, 2013

OUR PORCHES


Oh My Gosh Man
how do I 
LOVE 
a festive porch

and possibly my favorite festive porch is the autumn porch

we are surrounded in our little farming community with
crops and crops and crops of 
MAIZE
that we take our machete and chop
they only need an old dairy bucket and some yellow mums to go with

but you know me...I can't stop there
oh no

nope

gotta have a bit of fun and spookiness!
and can you just not get enough of mums?

and pumpkins?

this year I found some seeds from Mike in a drawer
they must have been 20 years old
but they worked!

this is my first punkin' crop


you know who I miss?
I miss so badly my old friend
Ray...and his 1960ish chevy pickup
filled to the brim with pumpkins

gosh I miss him and think of him often every October

he would have loved to have sold me pumpkins for 822
I think I was his best customer!

makes me want to buy a turquoise truck and sell pumpkins!

last year I tied some corn and maize to my porch posts
but this year
(thank you Loi)
I have added 
myrtle topiaries
which reminds me

do you bring your plants in for the winter?
I admit I am not only a cheapskate
but I love the challenge of keeping them alive all year

like this one...I cannot bear to think of this lovely freezing
seriously...do the harsh cold winds hurt your heart?

you know why?

and between the beginning and 
a small mishap

life unfolds on our porches
scary
better!

my next favorite thing is a festive window box
ok...I tend to get distracted


























11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your porch too!!!!!!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVE all these autumn-ish photos!! I love mums. And pumpkins!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Gina, your house is JUST MAGNIFICENT! YES! Love every nook and stone, timber and pumpkin. I sure can't wait for life to slow down just a little for me...I'm running crazy! Anita

Unknown said...

Can't believe how different your house looks from that "before" shot. Wow. What vision you have, my friend.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I love your porch and all the fall touches! xo

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

That's even prettier than those Eastwood boys, Gina. ;)

Revi said...

Wow - it's gorgeous! I'm with you - fall decor is fun - right up there with Christmas! I love your topiary plants (and LOI)and your window box.
-Revi

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Your porch looks so festive and boy what a difference! You cant see the house at all in the before shoot. You have transformed it into a beautiful home...

Marissa said...

I would love to be your neighbor!!! your home looks amazing!

Kiran Palwasha said...

Really nice. I liked this decoration and the plants over there. looks cool...
I am following you now :)
Have a good day

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your house is so pretty! I love your porch and autumn decor. :D Happy autumn!!!