Friday, November 21, 2014

MyORC--COACH BEEN'S ROOM


Are you getting the feeling you are looking at the house of paneling?
and popcorn ceiling?

orange, gold, wood and fancy curtains?

This room was not that hard to change...mostly just removing to get ready for the new look

except for this one closet...which was to become the stairwell to the new entry stairs

hmmm....what surprise will Mr. PV find behind the paneling?

once everything was empty it was time to put it back
Just in time for Coach Been to marry his sweety pie and have his very own room at 822
it was a very special time to get this room ready for our Mattie to be a bride

~Inspiration~

The gold foil flocked 1970 wallpaper
Had.To.Stay.
so I was on the internet hunt to find a fabric with 
a purple I liked to match the bathroom ceiling
birds flowers trees
this is a Pottery Barn Duvet

Are you ready for today?

when we found out this amazing antique Chinese screen we bought at an auction, 
was not really a priceless antique after all...
I painted the hell out of it
gold, silver, pewter, pearl and then
we screwed it to the wall!
and it became the headboard

in other parts of the room I used the antique armoire, chaise,
 and lots of vintage gold frames and mirrors
I recovered these chairs years ago and the fabric is a nice compliment
I can change the bedding much easier than these chairs
in my entire life this table and chairs from my grandmother have never been apart

lampshade is upside down, crystals and a ceiling medallion
~on the lookout for a wonderful old chandelier but for now this will do~

we bought this old dresser at an auction in Texline
$10

just the right color and amount of shabby for kissy pictures and flowers

did I mention we moved the stairs?
and when we did, it created this little cubby closet where I hoped
Mrs. Been would dress for her wedding.  Our oldest bought our house 3 blocks down, and that is where Mattie grew up....she was sentimental to dress there on her wedding day

besides..her dress would not even begin to fit through that tiny doorway into the dressing room

yet another outside door in 822
why in the world did they feel they must have an outside entrance in every room?
We didn't close this one up because it has a nice large porch and has made a perfect entrance to the backyard and pool area.  When not in use I have it blocked with this French market basket full of pillows....to trip the burglars~

this door leads into the bathroom
I painted all the doors the color of the walls with gold French words


The "wedding veil" curtains are the same as the bathroom

don't you know Coach Been loves to see this collection of crystal catching the morning sun?






~We~
  • Removed the paneling and replaced the carpet
  • Built in a dressing room closet to accommodate the stairs on the other side
  • Painted the walls and added crown mold
  • Tried to keep up with the fancy bathroom within the space


~Favorite Thing~
so much fufu
gold, lace, bling, all on a very tight budget!

~Biggest Challenge~
there was really no challenge here...just lots of fun

this room really serves as our guest room for all occasions
and The Beens are happy to share!

13 comments:

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Your guest are going to feel right at home...love the head-board!

Karena said...

Gina, yes a very comforting and beautiful room!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Anonymous said...

so creative!!!

Marissa said...

Gina, catching up with your blog is always such a treat.
LOVE how creative you are. Loved the bathroom remodel in your last post too. I wish I could finish what I started in the back yard can't wait till spring.
You would go crazy at my iinlaws lots of dark paneling cause I know that doesn't scare you.

Marissa said...

Gina, catching up with your blog is always such a treat.
LOVE how creative you are. Loved the bathroom remodel in your last post too. I wish I could finish what I started in the back yard can't wait till spring.
You would go crazy at my iinlaws lots of dark paneling cause I know that doesn't scare you.

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous room, my friend!! I love the screen headbord. You should be so proud of all the work you've done.

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Oh yes, paneling, orange and popcorn ceilings ... but then magically transformed by your creativity and hard work.
Gina you truly have created a beautiful abode filled with love and treasured life rewards. I'm always excited to see a new post from you.
xo,
Vera

White Lace and Promises said...

Wow! Just wow! And $10 for the dresser. We don't have auctions here like that! Awesome!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YOU have done the most outstanding job, GINA!!!!! WOWSERS, that Chinese "headboard" alone would make a room brand new, but again, your house lends itself to some pretty awesome magic, and that sweet little nook under the stairs......MAGIC MAGIC!!!!!!

designchic said...

What an amazing job and a lot of work…love it!

Stacy CUrran said...

If I didn't better I would swear that the before room was from the house I grew up in!!
Stacy

Optimistic Existentialist said...

That is an epic guest room!! I hope you have a beautiful Monday :)

Fashion-isha said...

You have great style!
xo
Sharon