Tuesday, November 25, 2014

MyORC--MY SISTER'S ROOM



This bedroom in all it's blue and gold shag glory was destined to become
the pass through bedroom  
I have never heard of such a thing until my wonderful art friend Marilyn told me about hers...and then one day while visiting her studio, I was able to see for myself the sense it could make.

This window is now the entrance into the addition that connects the garage apartment to the house.
It was just about this time that we made the decision to keep the garage apartment and turn it into our master suite....and this window was where all that was going to go down!

~~Inspiration~~

When we first married, Mr. PV gave me this antique sleigh bed and I was not about to let it go...
E.V.E.R.
yet it's very small...smaller than a regular...so it makes the perfect bed for my teeny sister and teeny mother if we have a houseful of company...which has happened once so far when the Beens got married..otherwise...they enjoy any room they want to

Are you ready for today?

my mother's dresser






you can catch a glimpse of the door we closed up
so many doors in this house!

vintage white linens and fluffy down
all colors of white








the window is gone and if we ever need to, the curtains can be drawn..not perfectly private just perfectly pretty

Marilyn's work lives in this house!


~We~~
  • knocked out the window to create a pass through to the library, art loft and master suite
  • painted the walls Celedon
  • carpeted
  • closed off yet another outside entrance with a stain glass window
  • added 9' voile sheers on a rod for privacy...planning to add French doors instead someday

~~Biggest Challenge~~
deciding what if we really really wanted a pass through bedroom here 

~~Favorite Thing~~
the antique sleigh bed with antique linens and my mother's dresser

Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving
I know we're counting ours!
















9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Gina, yet another vision of your home with NO END! What a great makeover and that bed....we had one too when we first got married, but then moved out of state and sold EVERYTHING. Starting over again was so fun, however! Your home is outrageously magical. Have a super Thanksgiving my sweet! Anita

Algodão Tão Doce said...

O que nos faz amigos é essa capacidade de sermos muitos, mesmo quando somos dois.
Pe. Fábio de Melo
Obrigada querida pela amizade carinhosa!
Um doce abraço, Marie.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

What a pretty room, Gina. I'd never get rid of the bed, either. I love it. Your little keeps that are dispayed everywhere make my heart happy. If I were there, I'd ask about each one.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful wedding gift! Glad you found such a pretty use for it.

Karena said...

Beautiful Gina, I love how you have changed this space and made it so special!

Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning GINA! WHEW...what a fabulous day I had yesterday, playing in my house...teeeeee then going out in that insane traffic for my final food shopping for my tiny Thanksgiving meal with my husband. I just saw your dear comment and yes, I would SO love to share more of my home. I am a very picky person, and if I don't have enough light to capture what I find beautiful, then I just chuck the idea of sharing my home! And wouldn't ya know it, it snowed yesterday and though it was gorgeous, my photo-taking ideas went out the window! But I do believe that you and I could really talk about renovation from a very similar point of view. How I cherish your vision and YOU. Enjoy a perfect Thanksgiving today in your magical tudor cottage, and I too will think of all of you friends and the memory of my family as I sit here today under candlelight with my beloved husband.

LOVE TO YOU! Anita

miss b said...

A lovely, special antique bed and what a pretty stained glass window too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Julia said...

Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y me ha encantado.
Te animo a hacer una ojeada en el post de esta semana y seguro que veras algunas ideas realmente interesantes.Deseo que te guste y si es así y no eres seguidora espero que te hagas, gracias por visitarme.
Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a unique idea! It turned out sooo
beautifully, I love the color and your Mom's pretty things. Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Patti