Monday, August 23, 2010

WILD THING ON #5 OR THIS? OR BOTH?

Awarded for
Excellence in newspaper journalism, literary achievements, and musical composition
Presented by
Columbia University
Country
United States
First awarded
1917

The Pulitzer Prize (pronounced /ˈpʊlɨtsər/) is a U.S. award for achievements in newspaper and online journalism, literature and musical composition. It was established by Hungarian-American publisher Joseph Pulitzer and is administered by Columbia University in New York City. According to the administrators of the Pulitzer Prize the correct pronunciation of the name should sound like the verb pull, as in "Pull it, sir"[1]

The other day, golf buddy and I were chatting on the way to the Par 3 Course to golf 18 holes in the dark and got on the subject of the HPO. He commented that it was good enough to win some kind of award and suggested that I look into a nomination.

I told him that I had already looked into the Pulitzer and downloaded all necessary forms just waiting for the February deadline.

Ha...his face said it all...and then he said..."well, maybe you could begin with something smaller."

Well...I will do that too and while I'm thinking about NOT whoa-ing myself back...how about meeting me on #5 sometime next week?

No comments: