Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WEATHERED WOOD PROJECT

See this stack of raw pine?

It was beginning to hurt my eyes!
as is all the bird poop on my car from my garage being blocked

see this bare ceiling?
also not so easy on the eyes after a few months

see this man paint?
Hard to imagine him in a stiff shirt and tie isn't it?

see this man patiently paint a stack of raw pine?
one by one?

see the raw side become the painted side?


here's our trick...
one part water base accidental dark gray color stashed in the garage to 10 parts water
because weather stain is in Amarillo 90 miles away and contractor forgot to pick up
we are clearly NOT on his mind
don't forget your drop cloth, pandora, 
mimosa

and when contractor finally gets around to your house?
it's quite possible to turn this


into this

next?
18 x 18 on the diagonal marble floors!
which hubs will do with the help of his trusty Chad!

and remember...my poor pooped on car?
it can't get in the garage anyway because that's where my bathtub is
floors, tub, car

maybe when my car can get in my garage that's when I will know
that we are nearing the finish line





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thats a big job painting all the pine, very methodical, maybe monotonous, he looks very calm though,
I suppose that gives you a goal, when the car fits in the garage you know you are finish, well partly finished, lol,

StagerLinda said...

It's looking gorgeous. Painting the boards does look tedious. Guess he has to go to his Zen place and not look at all that is left to do. All your plans are very exciting!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

The waiting is the worst part. :)

Unknown said...

These are such enormous projects! What a dream home you are creating and how fun is it? (Never done that). Or is is tough always being under construction? It will be so worth it and enviable. I love all you're doing.
Who cares about bird poop when you've got more lovely things to think about.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Oh dear - I can't get my car in the garage either because it's full of projects albeit on a much smaller scale.

Hang in there - you're almost done!!

carolyn bradford said...

I just love your real, honest posts! My sweet husband would be patiently painting as well…you married a great man! Love this and it all looks beautiful!!!!

for the love of a house said...

Good man that husband of yours!! Your ceilings look wonderful and I can totally relate to that ceiling getting old after a couple a months;) Said contractor needs a talkin' to;) Next time make him call you from A to see if he got everything on YOUR list!!! Best of luck with the project- it looks great!
joan

miss b said...

I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the end!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Maureen Stevens said...

your home has some pretty awesome bones! I can't wait to see it all!

Delana@dujour said...

I hear that bird poop mixed with 4 parts water does a good job aging a car! Here's to being in the garage soon. Man, what a project…but what a beautiful result!

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

LOVE! It is amazing to see raw pine transformed in to weathered beauty - Fab job!!

Sharon
xxxx

Mr Paul said...

How exciting things really are moving along. Looking good!

momto8 said...

you are getting there....enjoy the journey!