Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ALL HASHTAG


    I remember when my Mattie was in the 9th grade and I made a comment to her about emailing and how in the world could there be anything more than that? ( I was just coming down from a fax high.)

    Her to me:  "Mom...the next thing is already here"
    Me to her:  "What in the world could that possibly be?"
    Her to me:  "It's called texting silly"

    So now...we're all hashtagging and I can't help but believe that there is no way the symbol can be as important as the
    in a url

    or the 
    in an email address

    but it has certainly reached epic status and created a
     a paradigm shift
    and you know what they say about a paradigm shift...
    the greatest paradigm shift is 
    the use of the words paradigm shift

    so while all the hipsters are
    ####### ing
    all over tarnation
    (my grandmother's word for entire nation)

    I can't help but wonder if the best use of
    #
    will be a 
    on a couch

    #incaseyou'rewondering
    #doyouhavetimetocare
    #what'sallthehubbubbub


    #Hashtag#
      A hashtag is a word or a phrase prefixed with the symbol #. It is a form of metadata tag. 

      Hashtags first appeared and were used within IRC networks to label groups and topics. They are also used to mark individual messages as relevant to a particular group, and to mark individual messages as belonging to a particular topic or "channel". Hashtags' popularity grew concurrently with the rise and popularity of Twitter and may be tagged by putting "#" before important words

      (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)


      #whoa







          9 comments:

          Optimistic Existentialist said...

          I went a little hashtag crazy there on Twitter for a while. They're fun LOL

          Burlap Luxe said...

          And Also HashTag crazy on instagram sites. The use of hash tags there are crazy, sometimes means nothing to the average person, yet that popular tag phrase can link you to a crazy amount of photos and comments.

          #lovethispost..

          Thank you for taking the time to visit my creative saw horse side table I just love the outcome of its use in my relaxed French home.

          Xoxo
          Doré

          Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

          #OY!

          Unknown said...

          #Ifeeloldereveryday.

          HolleyGarden said...

          Fun post! I don't tweet, and rarely text, so I don't see all the hastags. I guess Heather's hashtag fits me well! :)

          At Rivercrest Cottage said...

          I started my blog to communicate with my daughters before texting began. I just don't like texting, so we (3 daughters and me) just post on our blogs to keep each other up to speed. The pillows are really cute too.

          Karena said...

          Interesting that of all the social media I don't do Twitter a lot, some; though certainly not regularly. I guess I should now!!

          xoxo
          Karena
          Feature: #Artist Anne Harwell

          NanaDiana said...

          #HA#

          Mr Paul said...

          There was a time when I couldn't give a hoot for a #. Nowadays I must admit that I have fallen under its #@*#~?*# evil spell.