Thursday, November 3, 2011

FOOL'S NAMES

and fool's faces are always seen in foolish places.

This is what my dad told me for as long as I can remember. I think the phrase really ends with "public" places but since I am somewhat of a reporter...I do have to go to public places.

Recently a huge drug bust happened and it happened to happen to some folks I considered to be friends.

A very sad day indeed.

Torn.  Is it my "job" to cover it?  Am I a wuss if I don't?

Great conversation with peep #1 to help me through the dilemma.

First of all...what is it that I am doing?

I am not trying to sell papers...my sites are free.  So having sensational headlines are really not what it's all about.  So...what is it all about?

For as long as I can remember I have been a cheerleader.  For my school, for my town, for my family and once again in my latest endeavor...for my town again.

Encourage.

That's what I want to do.

Encourage and show the good side.  The bad side will expose its own ugly self without fail.  Bad news travels fast on its own set of wheels with no need to be pushed from here.

There is plenty of coverage from other places...many of them...and I admit I am curious, nosy and in disbelief...so I have read them. 

But today my headline takes me back many years to the simple headlines of my weekly paper that I received in college....Spearman (Borger) Gets a New Sidewalk (Pharmacy).

Perhaps it will be a breath of fresh air to those who are tired of the quagmire and "more than mean" comments left from an anonymous keyboard.

Who cares about a new pharmacy? 

Plenty of people.




No comments: