Friday, November 16, 2012

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY FINIAL BACK ON

Yesterday I was sitting at my computer posting the HPO daily headlines and gazing out my window

when I looked a little higher and spied this!
THIS!

So I went outside for a closer look and
found the catastrophe to be 
TRUE
We have wind folks...nothing to compare to the horrible hurricane 
Sandy...but
this big copper ball is not light
and it was laying in my yard a few feet from where it's supposed to be
and about 30 feet below

So this is where it will remain

until Thanksgiving is over

and someone big and strong and brave
will put it back
when they are hanging Christmas Lights

9 comments:

Stacy CUrran said...

I'm glad it didn't damage anything, or get damaged itself. And it looks nice on the table!
Stacy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Ekes! If it were mine, it would stay down forever. Lucky you have someone brave enough to climb up there! ~ Maureen

carolyn bradford said...

I'd hate to be the person that has to put it back on! I can't believe it came off like that! Glad you weren't standing below it when it happened!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Maybe it was a naughty racoon. A big one. ;)
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

mmm, thats amazing, I wonder if a bird flew into. I wonder if a big winged bird flew into it, I wonder if a big winged bird flew into it and knocked it to the ground, and maybe would fly it back up, just kidding, sorry, I have to much time on my hands right now!! Good luck to the big strong person that gets that job!

Leslie said...

Careful doing all that climbing! We have lots of wildlife coming and going as we sleep (yikes!) Sometimes we look outside in the morning and see changes.. those bears!

Have a wonderful weekend!

leslie

Marina in Blue said...

Someone, someone, perhaps the same someone who jumps from a bridges?

Marina

momto8 said...

glad you have your man understanding the need to put things back where they belong! sometimes it takes awhile for them to get it.

Mr Paul said...

Buy a bunch of Christmas fairy lights, wait until after thnksgiving then hand them to hubby with the finial and say "While your up there, be a dear!" x