and the "pick your kid up line"
at Gus Birdwell Elementary School
Ok...I have been circling Gus Birdwell Elementary for nearly 50 years
15 year break
and on pretty days...on foot
I think after all this time I deserve some respect from the newbies.
Since peep began working in a nearby town I now pick up bo-peep each day...
throwing myself into one of the most chaotic situations I have been involved in
in a very long time
I thought construction worker coffee breaks were taxing
I'm telling you...it's crazy!
and cut throat
and needs some rules
which I have devised
1. Don't give me a dirty look from the cross walk for not letting you go first...I'm in a car
2. Go ahead lady...step out there...I'll run your fat butt over
3. Yes teacher I can wear what I want...I wore this yesterday...I'm in deep construction over here and yes you saw that outfit Monday...and yes I am well aware I have wallpaper paste in my ponytail
4. Did I mention I can wear whatever I want? This dress can be accessorized with tennis shoes, an apron, sparkly thongs, black tights, a cute sweater, pearls, and in the winter, a heavy sweater and combat boots
and if you're lucky, some orange lipstick
5. Don't panic if I'm not the first in line...I'll get there...I know how to do it
6. No, I am not talking to myself, I am on speaker phone and yes I see the cell phone use prohibited sign..that's why it looks like I'm talking to myself and I don't mind if you think I'm a kook
7. I know what my limits are...I would never drive on the sidewalk unless I was texting
which I never do...so no worries
But these signs do give some motivation to not let my authority go to my head
Don't let your authority go to your head
and RULE #9
it'll all be ok