Friday, December 7, 2012

PEACE




I confess
I have not enjoyed a great deal of peace these past two years

I mean, really, how can one obtain peace when constantly surrounded by
destruction?

I only realize now that we are in the home stretch, how very hard it has been
(mentally) to take a perfectly good house and take it down to the bare bones
to build it back up again.  
It has gone against my nature

 the desire for 
peace
is instilled in us 
deeper than we can ever imagine

Peace is a beautiful ornament we wear
a pleasant garment we put on
an essence that exudes from within

As we remember this day 
December 7, 1941
and the overwhelming destruction
let us also remember in this Christmas season that 
peace
is a sister to 


hope

and to my precious daughter Grace,
I am so grateful that you teach me each day


so elegantly

Peace creates grace and grace gives peace 

In memory of Roy Lynn Bulls...who left as a boy to fight for his country and made it home to be my dad

9 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Now it looks gorgeous and you can enjoy your peace, finally! Your daughter is so pretty. Happy Holiday Season.
FABBY

momto8 said...

I think peace only comes from God... and that is how I can tell if it is the right decision, if I am at peace..
so wishing you a peaceful weekend!!




podso said...

Love that peace is a sister to hope ...

Woodside Park said...

It's been a long journey, and you've been a trooper! Thanks for sharing this process with us. Now you can sit back and enjoy your peaceful home!

carolyn bradford said...

Beautiful post with wonderful words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a great and inspiring post!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

That was beautifully said....its looking great and your almost there....I always try to find the humor in things when I get stressed. Sometimes its hard.

Beehive Needleworks said...

Such a lovely, heartfelt post...thank you for sharing your wee bit of Peace.
Wishing you a splendid day!
Warmly,
Judy

Geneva said...

Beautiful, Beautiful post! Loved every word!!!