Thursday, December 6, 2012

TABLE AT THE READY

Long Christmases ago, my dear mother purchased each child (5)
a 12 piece place setting and serving dishes of

Fitz and Floyd
St. NICHOLAS

I love to set my little breakfast table with them
so that they are at my fingertips whether I want a cup of cocoa
or a full blown dinner party
It makes for such a festive view when you step into our kitchen

and I just love how you can see all the way down the house out the window
and into the neighbor's yard!

and when you have little ones around
you need to have a few Santas too!
We found this one under the original stairs when we tore them out and moved them
I love his charming and nostalgic face
We found this treasure in the house too!

I love to mix the formal with the retro with the whimsy with the contemporary
and the soul with the spirit

Yesiree...we are pretty ready at 822

12 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I love vintage Christmas decorations.

Anajá Schmitz said...

Lindas suas louças de natal. A mesa via ficar linda, uma bela compra tua mãe fez.
Tenha uma ótima semana.

Maureen Wyatt said...

More paranormal activity in your house? Who finds vintage Santas hiding under stairs? What an amazing gift your mom gave her kids!

Marina in Blue said...

I love all your decoration, your bright tree and your plates but Santa is a little bit scary. Is that photo from this year?

Leslie said...

I have a few Fitz and Flyid pieces.. Love it all Gina. Everything looks so festive!

carolyn bradford said...

I have to agree with Maureen! Who finds vintage Santas when redoing their house? How fun!!! I LOVE anything vintage Christmas!!! What a treasure! Love your Christmas china! Mine is Cuthbertson and we use it every single day in December!!! LOVE those traditions!

maureen stevens said...

that last pic is just too cute! I do not have any holiday dishes yet...should start collecting soon!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Gorgeous F&F dishes! your house looks so beautiful and festive to receive the adorable little ones! I too prepare as my two little grandgirls will come for C'mas to our home.
FABBY

Mr Paul said...

Your house is looking so beautifully festive, everything seems to have come together so wonderfully, it's going to be a great Christmas x
Paul

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love décor that has a meaning or memory attached. Those Santa's make a magical home for (and great memories) for the children.
Hugs,
Patti

alter design said...

Merry christmas!
http://casasdepelicula.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/feliz-navidad.html

alter design said...

I organized a party at my blog to toast the New Year, I hope!