Tuesday, December 4, 2012

YOUR FRONT DOOR

"THEY" say....paint your front door your favorite color...no matter what that color is!  The theory is that when you come home from a long day, the first thing you will see is something you're crazy about!  I like that thought!

Currently my front door is this...and I must say...it may not be my favorite color, but it's my all time favorite 
door that I have ever had.  


I will never be allowed to paint it, but if I could, I would paint it green!

This is my ex-front door and I am so glad our daughter lives here.
I painted it black, and then barn red and then this turquoise...letting all the old colors crackle and show through.

This is a group of photos of doors 
I am so intrigued with I love to photograph them
If they are not from vacation photos, they are from google


and who!  who?
can not love this precious little front door?

knock knock
who's there?

what color is YOUR door?
do you love it?



8 comments:

Woodside Park said...

So stately and old-world, Gina! I love everything: stonework, leaded diamond windows, curved steps and pair of front doors. I'd be thrilled to come home to that!!
Your former front door is charming.
Happy December!
Loi

Hearts Turned said...

I think your front door--your whole entry--is beautiful! I love your old door, too--love the idea of all the former colors peeking through...lovely!

Wishing you a wonderful week, my friend!

Julie

Marina in Blue said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, I love those colours and those doors, all of them. Beautiful

Maureen Wyatt said...

No wonder you want to recreate that great aged door! I have to think about how well that would work on my metal door. It's plain, old black right now. Nice slide show!

Anonymous said...

my door is beige, ha ha, do I love it NO! but it is a sturdy safe door, I live in an apartment, I dream your door is mine though, hope you don;t mind sharing!! lol,its a beauty!

carolyn bradford said...

I'm in full agreement with Loi! Your front door is gorgeous and I wouldn't ever worry again about painting it as it is perfect! your old one was pretty too…though! Glad your daughter is getting to enjoy it! Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Leslie said...

I like both of your doors Gina! All the color combinations on {your now daughter's door} all blended nicely :) My door is black.. and that reminds me.. I need to do a little touching up!

momto8 said...

you have it figured out...you make things more beautiful!!