Wednesday, May 11, 2011

NO WIN


Los Angeles Times reporters Ruben Vives, right, and Jeff Gottlieb celebrate after learning that the paper had been awarded the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for stories about corruption in the city of Bell, Calif. (photo by Katie Falkenberg)


I found out the hard way. 

I was getting the feeling that any moment the Pulitzer Prize committee would be calling me to let me know that I'd won in the category of "online breaking news coverage using other means of reporting"....

I even had the secret hope that the recent Washington DC trip was planned not for a banker's legislative blitz, but rather a surprise for me to receive my award at the annual luncheon.

Hubby does things like that.

The intrigue was too great....so I looked online and this photo of a celebration cut like a knife!

While there was not a winner selected in my category, which was of some comfort, I couldn't help but feel slightly dejected that I had not won and no one bothered to tell me.

It's kind of like the feeling when you're living with random electricity (aka a few necessary plugs) for months and you drive by and see YOUR electrician at the new house being built.

Like. A. Knife.

Booger!

No comments: