Thursday, May 26, 2011

WHERE ARE MY BADGES?

In a recent conversation with bff and fellow girl scout, I vowed to myself to find one of the few photos taken of me.

I'm pretty sure this photo was taken of me by my sister with my Brownie camera that I got for Christmas when I was a Brownie.

This outfit I got for Christmas when I was graduated to being a girl scout.

It's the kind of present you get when you're one of five children from a modest income family. If I remember correctly, I was very excited to have my whole outfit and ready to earn my badges to fill that sash!


My kids would cringe if they got something like this for Christmas.  Kind of like the old "I walked to school 2 miles in the snow...barefoot"...(dad). 

Not quite like an Ipod or a few new outfits from Old Navy...but to me...it was the B.E.S.T.

And if my legs were still this skinny I would:

1.  Rejoice
2.  Turn a cartwheel
3.  Wear black tights
4.  Stand in a different pose

Thanks girl scout friend for making me find this picture of me so I could be reminded of when I was so happy to be part of the Juliette Gordon Lowe crowd...and proud of it!

Wish I hadn't of eaten all those cookies!

No comments: