Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS

This table has had a long good life. 

It came into mine quite randomly as I found it while delivering a birthday present to my future hubby.
It was in a depot...in a town nearby...in very bad condition...and the only item of furniture in the whole place.

I was wearing my birthday suit, his tie, and my black high-top Converse All Stars...which would later become my wedding shoes.

At that time I was tan, skinny...and obviously brave (and let's not forget about 15 years younger).

One of my favorite things he said to me was "Time to make the donuts" which just means you have to get up early and go to work.  After that...we began to say to each other..."Timing is Everything".

And it is...and that's why I went back to fetch this table and paint it for him for his birthday.

It has clocks and "timing is everything" is painted on the top of it.

This table has lived in a train station, 4 houses on Barkley Street, a B&B and an art gallery.

It was a nomad table...but not anymore.

It lives here...in our wine cellar...and while moving it there, I was reminded that underneath are the words.....

"I want to rock your gypsy soul"

Happy Birthday table...Happy Birthday 822...and to you too man of my dreams, light of my world and rocker of my gypsy soul!

No comments: