Monday, July 2, 2012

AND THE BEAT GOES ON



The showers and luncheons and festivities are a sweet memory

The tossed bouquet dries in a careless position

the toasts have been made
and the Beens are on the way to Montego Bay

the summer birthday celebrations stuck in for fun
 have been celebrated

the guests have gone home and the laundry has piled

 the dishes remain to be done in dozens of cycles

the trash needs to be taken to the alley

Monday
a new to do list for the week for 822 
that includes rocking the new addition

yep....
the June calendar (with a tear and a heart tug) 
has been turned over 
July
and the beat goes on

la da da da dee




8 comments:

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

It never ends, does it? One of the joys of weddings and parties is the aftermath. I love putting the house back together and my world back in order. And laundry and dishes are part of that fun. I'm gearing up for houseguests tomorrow after a lazy weekend of Canada Day celebrations.

Enjoy the quiet.

designchic said...

What a wonderful time to savor the memories. We just returned from a weeks vacation and oh the laundry...

Woodside Park said...

I can't believe the big weekend is over. But a whole lifetime together ahead :-) I love the bouquet drying, Gina! Hope you can relax and, hope construction is going well....L

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It sounds like YOU are walking to the same beat as myself! We are having a heat wave, we are using a STEAMER to take off TWO LAYERS of wall paper and paint and I am preparing for a guest in two weeks! ON TOP OF THAT, our builder is out back building a deck. I look forward to having a clean house!!!!

THANK YOU MY DEAR FOR YOUR VISIT....I can't wait to see photos of the STONE ON YOUR ADDITION!!!! Anita

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh dear sweet friend thank you for visiting and leaving such a word of encouragement to my art.

I love cleaning up after, its a time to get close to your thoughts and reflect on the event, it always seems like we clean it even cleaner after a party. :)

Love your visits and mine with you.
see you soon, I am excited to see your new addition :)

xoxo
Dore

momto8 said...

so worth the effort...now you can relax!

Tutti Chic said...

can't wait to see your new addition! :)
I love cleaning up which leads to moving things around, which leads to some decorating freshness! It is exhausting though after a big event. I know...I lived it last year lol! happy 4th! chris

Olive said...

Happy 4th. Construction is so worth the effort. thanks so much for the visit.