Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MIKE

It just hit me.  The lady that lived at 822 before us was named Mike.  My next door neighbor is named Mike.

Two days ago I saw him at the grocery store and we chatted a bit.  He then told me he had a huge favor.  It seems my alarm going off at 4:45 am had been disturbing him for a few months now, he even had to move into a different bedroom.

This house is solid rock.  His house is solid rock.

I don't get up at 4:45..that's usually the time I'm falling back asleep as an insomniac.

He added that the alarm was some kind of Nazi propaganda.  And it was very loud.  Every day.  For months.

He grows wheat and mint and hemp and I heard he has potbelly pigs in his house, though I have never seen them. And the mushrooms growing wild in my yard....hmmm....I just assumed it was the summer sun making them disappear.

He  is alone...no wife, no children, no parents, no siblings...

I figure one of these days soon we'll chat at the grocery store and he'll tell me that he noticed a fat naked lady in my pool....

now...that... might not be...an hallucination

via http://scshisler.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I'm not sure what to think of this, he certainly seems a bit different, that is a beautiful painting, I'm partial to big bottomed women as I am one!

momto8 said...

maybe it was his alarm. sounds like a stange fellow..I know a lot of them..

Stacy CUrran said...

God I love this blog! That was my first REAL lol of the day! Thank you :)
Stacy

Mr Paul said...

Does your alarm clock sound like this.....Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo! :)
Paul

Tutti Chic said...

hilarious & I too am an insomniac. nice to know others are up all night too...lol! that painting is gorgeous...:) chris

Liz Mays said...

Is he having some kind of recurring dream?

White Lace and Promises said...

Too funny but hey, I've dealt with this type of paranoid-schizophrenia at the nursing homes where I've worked. Did you see the movie "A Beautiful Mind." These guys are highly intelligent and spooky too. I hope he's taking his meds. This may be something you really need to check into.
The comment about the fat lady-you are toooo funny! Don't we have a good time on here:)

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Strange!!

Leslie said...

Hmmm... does he have any imaginary friends?

Interesting story .. nice painting!

carolyn bradford said...

OMG!!! Please keep us updated! This is too good! Bless his heart and REALLY bless yours! We have a neighbor that is somewhat like this….we just make an about face turn around every time we are running ( me walking…my husband running!) past his driveway!