Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY


Even though hubs has 4 weeks of vacation he rarely even takes a day
this year will be an exception

It is very hard to be gone 7 days from home
I'm not very good at it..my timeline is more like a long weekend
and it's also pretty hard to let go and be gone when you have such a major project in the works

These are the things that happened while we were away

hmmm...or DID NOT happen...we've been waiting on that stone mason for
4...yes FOUR weeks

but...on a sunnier side...this is the 2nd big pile of sand for the pool

and the plumbing is in

almost ready to continue with the good stuff...like water!

clean-up on isle 1

primed and ready for rock
the porch overhang can't be done until after the rock
(the new door will be utmost cool!)
waiting, waiting, waiting

one major window fiasco
we have now ordered these windows 
4 times...yes I said FOUR
what is it with 4?
I've even considered giving the measuring a whirl..I think I could handle it
but I'm kind of scared..what if it's jinxed and I mess up too
I could never get over something like that
so I just gripe

texture
number 2 knockdown..check!

art niches coming along nicely

so...we do have 2 windows that were somehow miraculously measured correctly and installed
ooopsie

art studio coming along nicely
I may need an elevator by the time we get this closed in with those dang windows

it's going to be a great space to paint though

another chapter to the window fiasco
a very very bad job of caulking them in
BLANCO?
it made the miller faint!
and yes...I griped

I still can't get over this

barrel ceiling looking good

lavender in bloom!

forgot to get someone to water the pots

oopsie

but the shrub that I forgot the name of must have grown 2 feet

hmmm???...no really...we love Jim

one of the best decisions I made

flower box is a little puny on one side though

no bills for me
the only people who know my address are those who read this blog

and I'm ready for you to come visit
we will sit upstairs in the art gallery and drink a glass of wine 
and gripe about the windows



16 comments:

La Brocanteuse said...

Looking forward to you sharing with us from the top...in your studio.
before you know, it will all be done. Colette xx

stefanie said...

wow!!! lots done...how exciting!!!!

fiona anderson said...

The positives far outweigh the negatives - it looks so incredible, can't wait to see the end result !

Anonymous said...

four words, I LOVE YOUR HOME !!!

Mr Paul said...

Everything will all come together in the end, its looking good so far. Do you plan to have an automatic watering system?
Paul

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Building is always so stressful, but you'll forget all about it soon! I'm not sure I'll ever do it again!
I'm coming over when it's finished...I'm sure it's only 800-900 miles to have a glass of vino with you!
It's going to be gorgeous.

Maureen Wyatt said...

What time are you expecting me? I want the job of complaining about the caulking! ~ Maureen

Leslie said...

Wow! You guys look busy! I can't wait to see the end result.

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Good thing it's not 7 years of bad luck every time you break a window.
Love the artist loft, love the textured niche, love the pool. It's coming along - just a few more hiccups.

LKB said...

But............your grass looks fantastic! And in the Texas panhandle no less. I'm impressed.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Its coming along, even though there were some set backs. So exciting to redesign your home. Cant wait to see it when your done.

Linda said...

It is really coming along, it is going to be gorgeous!!

Totally agree with the vacation length. We're used to 4 day jaunts- that's plenty. We're going on a one week cruise in August...he may not make it home. LOLOLOL! Not to mention all the stuff going on with our construction! (or lack of)

Laura said...

It all looks wonderful!
I have never had a workman who did it right the first time-
that is why I need so much hair color!

Laura
White Spray Paint

art nouveau said...

We will sit upstairs in the art gallery and drink a glass of wine...Sounds perfect!!!

Geneva said...

Your home is coming along nicely...I can't wait to see what you do with that beautiful space.

momto8 said...

oh lucky you!!! how exciting and fun!!!!