Saturday, April 17, 2010

CALL ME SPOILED

SUBJECT: ARCHIVE BOX (5th opened support ticket since new upgrade installed)

From: Customer • Status: Open • Updated: 4/16/2010 8:01:48 AM

where is the archive box located now? Thanks

From: bulletlink • Status: Working • Updated: 4/16/2010 8:12:47 AM

Hi,We are working on your ticket and update you shortly.

From: bulletlink • Status: Pending • Updated: 4/17/2010 2:57:36 AM

Hi,You can create a search box to see archived articles. Here are the steps:

Option A: Put search link in submenu itself. Here is how to do it: Create a submenu with "Window Type = Link". Put http://highplainsobserver.com/clients/highplainsobserver/index0.htm?sname=target_search.asp in URL Link. Be sure to change "YourSiteName.com" with your actual site name. Make "Link URL Window = Top".If you like, you can upload your own search image in "Picture" field or choose search icon from our library by clicking on "view icons" link.

Option B: We have build-in search script that you can put anywhere in Site Manager. For example, you can put the following script in "Ad Link/Script" box of "Maintain: Customer Ads" screen.

Please try at your end. Let us know how it works.

From: Customer • Status: Open • Updated: 4/16/2010 8:01:48 AM

Hi...sorry to be a bother and a grouchy bother at that...these are not upgrades..they are unwanted changes...I have done Option B as detailed in the email you sent...but there is no archive box. I also deleted two political ads but they currently show on the page as boxes with red X...

Also...all I want is the way things used to be...
I want to be able to center my headlines or not
I want to be able to center or justify my story or not
I want my archive box where it was
I am not a computer whiz, so a lot of this stuff is complicated and I guess you have really spoiled me to when it just works and it's just there and it's just easy...We just have a few kinks to work out...but again..these don't seem like upgrades..just complicated changes.

Thanks for your help.
Sorry to be grouchy, but I wanted to golf today and not figure out how to upload an archive box.

No comments: