Page 106..."One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few and they are more beautiful if there are a few."
I am a possessor by nature. Empty? Lonely? Covetress? Lover of beauty? Perhaps all and more.
In my late spring cleaning I removed from my bed alone...
- 2 mink pillows created from Babboo's stole
- 1 wine colored Euro beaded silk pillow
- 2 bumble bee motif down pillows
- 1 set of brown French bumble bee sheets
- 3 raw silk fringed pillows--3 shades of red
- 1 curry suede duvet cover with yellow down comforter within
- 1 flowered duvet cover folded at the end of the bed
- 1 tiny but significant fringe AND beaded square pillow
and replaced with...
- 1 plain white fitted sheet
- 1 plain white goose down comforter
- 2 plain white feather pillows
- 2 Ralph Lauren (very old and faded but soft) yellow flower pillowcases on down pillows
that's all...now that's all...good gosh! Am I King Henry the 8th?
No...I am Anne Murrow Lindbergh learning to embrace simplicity...
at least for the summer!
Thanks Jules! The book is excellent!