Monday, March 7, 2011

CART BEFORE THE HORSE


If you look at this photo closely, you will notice that beside the color swatches is a wall that is unfinished and more than likely will remain so for some time.

The coral represents my coral red lipstick jacquard sofa in the next room.  Two tones of blue will be on the entry ceiling where our walnut and crystal chandelier will hang (maybe by tomorrow) and the other swatches are just colors that I see in this oil painting and plan to use.

The oil painting....came from a fun trip to a winery in Grapevine, Texas.  I admired it and later that year it showed up at my door step as a birthday gift from hubby.  He had purchased it without a single suspicion.

How might you ask, can I work a whole home of color choices around one picture?

Easy...I LOVE IT and besides it has tons of colors in it.

How might you ask, do I already know where I'm going to hang it?

I'm not sure, but I do.

These days I remind myself of Lisa Douglas on Green Acres.
Crystal chandelier, perfect paint choice, toile bedpillows in the midst of hammering (not unlike Jeb's) and saw dust falling from every cranny and there are lots of them let me tell you!

I might get allergic smelling hay but this old rock farm house is the place for me!

1 comment:

LKB said...

I decorated a house around a painting once as well. It was an Indian Chief in a full war bonnet. I told you we were sisters under the skin.