Friday, June 17, 2011

FAMILY REUNITE

I guess it's pretty common during the summer months to have family reunions.  This is the first ever I remember that wasn't a funeral and somehow I got to be in charge...sort of.

It seems that my long lost cousin on my dad's side facebooked me (I only have a commercial account but still my name shows up) and together she and I decided that it would be a great idea for us to all get together.  I haven't seen them since I was maybe 8.

Because the Dallas area seemed to be central to the majority, I volunteered my brother's house.  And he and sweet sister wife friend were happy to oblige.  It was only fair that since it was going to be at his house that he choose the date most convenient to them.  They had a HS graduation, they both travel extensively and are in general very busy peeps.

So darn be the luck that he chose one of the two days of summer that I could not be there.  Bo peep is graduating college August 14 and bff is getting married June 18.

All 3 brothers have this little thing they do when they really appreciate something you do for them....they call you up and say...."preeeeeeeciaaaaaaate it".

Phone call from my mother (who divorced my dad)  to tell me she left Thursday for the reunion followed by phone call from reunion host brother saying...."preeeeeeciaaaaaate it."

I just had to laugh. 

Reunions are just....well....you fill in the blank.

No comments: