Tuesday, January 17, 2012

PAULER'S STAIRS

I've had a new peep friend for a while now...long enough that I would classify her in the BFF category!
She moved here from another town and she and hubby built a fantastic home!  This set of stairs go up to her "bonus room" and hubby told her she could do whatever she wanted with them.

She chose me!  And what a blast we had deciding what to do.  The stairs are in the back of the house, just off her laundry/sewing room and she wanted something over the top and whimsical.
Trust me...this matches her personality, which is why we became fast friends!

In addition to lots of colorful paint, I used a lot of old music, fun papers, book pages, jewels and jewelry

It kind of has a little old world artsy flavor finished off with a very heavy coat of varnish.  The wear and tear will only make this look better over time.

I happened to be at a party at her house during the holidays and overheard someone asking one of her guests if they'd seen the fantastic staircase yet.

It's amusing that sometimes people (my hubby for instance...her's too) want us to put the
whimsy where it won't take away from how cool the real part of the house is, when in reality it's just this kind of thing that bring it to life.

Not everyone has the guts to paint a staircase like this...but Pauler did.

She is gutsy and as colorful and fun as you can imagine by looking at what she let me do when I had just met her!

She just told me "make it fun"...and well...it is!

Unexpected and Fun!



2 comments:

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

WOW bold and brave and cool...not for me but I do like them...way to go! She has got to show them off thats for sure! All the best,Chrissy

Pura Vida said...

Thanks Chrissy I enjoy your blog!