Friday, January 20, 2012

WHAT'S YOUR PLUM?

During the Christmas Holidays I was at a party and had a chance to chat with some old friends.

While standing at the BBQ table, I ran into K.   We have a mutual friend J.

Me(after some chit chat):  So...how in the world is J?
K: Weeelllll....J is always on the look-out for a plum.

While that's the first time I had ever heard it put in those words, I knew exactly what he meant.

I'm a bit of a plum seeker myself.

Optimism
Ambition
Hope
Faith in your future
Moving on down the road
What else?
Looking for a plum

Not one thing in the world wrong with that...in fact...everything in the world right with it!

My plum(s)
a well manicured herb garden
a butterfly habitat in my upstairs art studio
new art students within the year
a sweeter marriage
a trip to the redwood forest with baby bo peep and bo peep
new residents on Barkley street
a perfect summer wedding

even though my life is so abundant I could hardly poke one more plum in my horn of plenty...I still dream of more.

So...what's YOUR plum?
(s)


No comments: