Tuesday, January 3, 2012

PLAIN OLE PLAIN

It always makes me a little blue to take away those fun and festive decorations after having lived with them for a month or more.

Last night peep, bo peep and hub looked through some pasta cookbooks while we were cooking pasta.  We came to a decision that we would cook more pasta in 2012.

My holiday dessert table is lean.  Thank goodness for that!

My dining room has so much more room with the tree gone
And even though poinsettias are seasonal, I can't bear to get rid of them.

I rescued this one last year from the grocery store around January 5.  I bought it for a dollar.
It started turning red the first of December.

So I'll hang on to them just for fun

I really like that red pop of color against my pink walls and behind the sofa is a good place for them

My buffet has gone back to pink plates and normal candles

I like this better I think

I brought my money tree out from the dark bathroom window

and stuck a Chinese fisherman in my glass jar

It will take me a while to get used to the all white and glass

These paper whites still have to bloom...they are very late

but my pink and purple hyacinths are right on

These paper whites did the trick and they smell so good


Out with the fancy sequin Nutcracker and in with the naked angel

and speaking of Nutcrackers...well...let's just say I still can't park my car in my garage yet. 
But I do have a plan!

No comments: