Friday, December 30, 2011

TREASURES AHEAD

When I had my third child, I thought that was the hardest year of my life. One in 3rd, one in Kinder and a tiny baby that all I did was nurse...I felt like I circled the school and hovered over her crib.

I have done many hard times.  I have lost a parent, I have lost good friends, I have been poor and I have lost at love.

It's interesting how you believe the storm that you are enduring is the worst storm you have every endured.  It's only when looking back that you can see how that very endurance has polished you as a person.

As I reflect over this past year and how I have spent my time and energy I am amazed.  Perhaps THIS was the hardest year of my life.  So much destruction that it made my heart hurt.  But under the rubble is a home that I have dreamt of all my life.  Out of the ashes grows a rose.

Our children are adults now and spending time with them is beyond fun.  My precious little light lives just down the street.  I love my family more every year and I have the best of friends, many that I have known since I was a little girl.

But more than anything, all this living I'm doing is along side a person that I love more than anything in the world, so in fact...I have actually won at love.

I remind myself..

The oak lives in the acorn the eagle in the egg...and fire polishes gold.

2012...here we come! PURA VIDA!


No comments: