Sunday, February 26, 2012

IDLE CAPRICE


ca·price


a : a sudden, impulsive, and seemingly unmotivated notion or action b : a sudden usually unpredictable condition, change, or series of changes (caprices)

2.  a disposition to do things impulsively

Piddling.

Sometimes hubby calls me from work to see what I'm up to and on the best days of my life my answer will be "piddling".  This could mean moving or painting furniture, going through old drawers, finding old vessels in which to force bulbs, sewing a pillow...many things.

But what it means to me is that I have gotten in the mood to NOT do all the things I have lined up for myself on a normal day (gym, dishes, HPO book work, etc.) and instead of doing all the things I am supposed to do, I do the things I want to do.  Because I have given up guilt for Lent, this plays right into my plan.

Last week hubby and I both went to Amarillo on the same day.  He had a meeting and did not invite me this time...(probably because the last meeting I went with him I bought a piano).  This day rather than having a limited amount of time to go my way during his meeting, I had the whole day to piddle.

And I did it well.

I came home with some cool stuff

and some fabric

and some cute little palms

and some moss

and always some feather pillow inserts

So...this left me with lots of neat ideas for TGIF and TGIS and TGIS to put all this together.

I was happily interrupted with peeps in town to build a bridal shower table, to have lunch with, and just enjoy being together.

I was also interrupted with a Chamber of Commerce Banquet that I had to take photos at and knocking out a huge picture window and then writing a story for the HPO about the banquet...but in just a little bit of time I will be back at my piddling...which today will have a lot to do with fabric..so stay tuned!



No comments: