Monday, March 5, 2012

COOKBOOK COVER

Last week my friend who I have never met yet asked me to do something so cool!




Her name is LKB an she writes a column for me on the HPO  each Friday called
NOT ENOUGH SALT


She's a foodie and she has a friend that's a foodie too...and my hubby is for SURE a foodie but a photographer he is not

When I go through my camera for the HPO I find things like this...he took a photo of a fire he built through an Edison bulb while he was waiting on his beer butt chicken.  Actually this is a pretty cool photo I admit.

LKB is also a blogger
The Cherry Bowl

And Kelly is
A Chaotic Cook

And I had much inspiration from
Chrissy at
The Apothecary Shop

Many of the photos in the show are a lot the same and many of them are just too busy for a cover and I'm sure we'll go back to the drawing board.  Personally I really like the shot with the all white dishes and the scrabble letters.  These photos were taken in my "baking" station which is a hoot because as you can see, my cake plate is full of white dishes...I don't bake.  Not that much anyway.

But it was a very fun thing to do in between arranging rocks and putting a spring spit shine on my windows!

3 comments:

Tatiana Doria said...

Great blog I have really enjoyed reading it!!
I will come and visit!

www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

Stacy CUrran said...

That's such a cool photo!
Stacy

LKB said...

Well, I can't speak for Kelly but I am loving your creative juices. We shall find a cover for our book of wonderful dishes I am sure of it. Thanks for giving us both a plug in your beautiful blog and for making so many Kodak moments for our baby cooking book yet to be born.