Tuesday, March 6, 2012

FLAWS


Have you ever looked in the mirror and said

AUGUGHHHHHH!!!!!

?

Today, that happened to me and my first thought was "I really went to work out looking like this?"
I even got out my little eyebrow mirror to take a look from the backside.

My hair is nearly to my waist and I'm thinking...

WHOA!  I sure don't want to accentuate THAT (my waist)!
But then again, if I cut my hair short enough to not accentuate my flaws

I would have a scab on the top of my head.

FLAWS

I love flaws, I really mean that and here's why.

There's just something so cute about a crooked tooth that your whole family has
There's something so cool about that forgetful bff who means the best but just doesn't follow through 100%
There's something so comforting about a crack in your nearly 100 year old home that it hasn't fallen down around in all those years
There's something so powerful about aged hands that can illustrate a mighty story
There's something so humbling about a soul who kneels each day to ask to do better

What I really love about flaws is that it seems that those who posses them try harder.  They try harder to either fix them or rise above them and that makes them better people than those who only accept perfection as all there is to "be".

I know some perfect people and I say
"Power to the Perfect" 
but
I say with more conviction
"More Power to the Not So"

5 comments:

Stacy CUrran said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!! I was thinking the SAME thing yesterday, when I had the worst skin day....looked older than I ever have...but getting old is good! It beats the alternative!
Stacy

LKB said...

I guess this means I have to embrace the pinkie toe that curls under where you look like you have a little pink olive on your foot? And the 1/16" nail attached to it? This means I must start thinking of it as my flawed blessing instead of a flawed curse. Love the post and you.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

LOVE it...love how you think...perfect is so over rated!!! Thanks for leaving me such a sweet note too! x0

Barefoot in Blue Jeans said...

Are you living inside my head? Love this post.

designchic said...

You've got me thinking differently...love this post and just when I was seeing a few new wrinkles!!