Saturday, March 24, 2012

GOLDEN


The High Plains Observer has been doin' bidness since 2006 and we were recognized in 2008 as Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year.  Since that time, we have expanded into 3 other communities and work in close affiliation with the local radio stations and regional television news stations.

Our headlines rarely include murders or rapes or destruction...hardly EVER...in fact, our news is more like "Spearman Gets a New Sidewalk" or COODER GRAW is coming to SPEARMAN????

W.H.A.T.? 

(Thanks to Chamber of Commerce President and Visionary Peep who has more guts than anyone I know!)

So...in my past, I have had a job(s)... real one(s), I have had a bed and breakfast, I have had an art gallery...

Art Gallery...ZULU ART GALLERY...one of the most fun things I have ever done!

Teaching kids art, having art shows to benefit local charities, hosting art shows with well known artists. (side note**..while traveling to Taos or Sante Fe I would embarrass my hubs so much going up to artists at random and saying, "hey would you like to do an art show in Spearman?..btw...every single one of them said yes and came and sold art!)
Kader Boly..Burkina Faso..he said yes

So...imagine my surprise and D.E.L.I.G.H.T. and humble disbelief that the HPO was nominated for a Golden Nail Award.  (This is an award for art)

W.H.A.T.?
There is not much money to be made...we just serve these communities by providing LOCAL news as it happens.   Free, every day all day...that's what I do.  So this nomination will be my pay for oh about
122 YEARS!
 And I mean it.

4 comments:

Stacy CUrran said...

Good for you! What a worthwhile thing to do ....like most low paying "jobs" :)
Stacy

LKB said...

May I tell you how proud I am to be a small part of this publication!

Pura Vida said...

You are a huge asset!!! LKB!!!

Daniel R. said...

Congrats to you. Shows hard work and dedication does have rewards.