Wednesday, March 28, 2012

THE THING ABOUT WINDOWS


Can you see how this window reflects and you can't really see in?
It's very tall and my head goes just to the bottom of it.  A real perch.

But, don't let it fool you because I can see out!

I like to stand at this window in the morning and watch the moms take their kids to school...it makes me think of how many days I did that..years actually.

I like to stand here and watch folks drive by so slow you can read their tires, as they look on to see what we've been up to lately in the reno department.

I like to look across the street and see what my neighbors are doing in their gardens...makes me long for mine.

But I LOVE to watch my hubby walk up the rock path when he gets home from work.

He loves this house, maybe more than I do, and he always has a smile on his face as he's walking to the front door.

It's like he walks real slow to see what's grown or changed or maybe all the things that have stayed the same...I know just how he feels.

Seeing that smile?  Man..that makes me really happy.



5 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your window is gorgeous, very unusual and pretty. I can see you wanting to be there looking at how pretty the garden and trees reflection is. Hugs,
FABBY

stefanie said...

ahhhhhhh!

LKB said...

The eyes are the windows to the soul and the windows are the spirit and breath of a house. Your home is a living and spirit filled abode. Just as you are lucky to have it - it is lucky you saw it long ago, loved it through the years and then reached out your hand and brought life back into its' heart.

DeNise Koetting said...

You have the most amazing windows --- in the most amazing house! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that house. I feel like a stalker - I spent quite some time going back on your blog the past few days and I'm totally hooked. We have much the same taste in things. And I love your sense of humor and the way you embrace life. If I lived in Spearman, I'm thinking we'd be total besties! Keep posting those renovation pictures. BTW, where did you get that mullion looking window? That is to die for!

Tutti Chic said...

What a gorgeous window-I'd stand there all day & look IN at it! :) chris